Stay Safe, Stay Focused, Stay Alert and together, we shall win.
These are extraordinary times and we are asking you to play your part in beating the COVID19 virus by listening and following the official guidance from the official sources to ensure you, your family and your community are safe in the face of this pandemic.
First, we want to thank all of you for your spirited defence in helping support our community and each other at this time. We would also like to acknowledge the frontline staff, the medical personnel, the retail staff and all of the essential services for rising to this challenge.
We would like to thank all of the Council Staff, Public and Civil Servants who are helping to mitigate this crisis and provide the essential back up that our County needs; your dedication to the people of Wexford is showing true spirit in trying conditions. Thanks too, to the media for remaining focused on fact and bringing information to the public in a timely fashion.
We are endeavouring to make sure that every effort and resource of the County Council is deployed for whatever comes our way. Our offices are all open and operating in line with current guidelines and our staff are on the phones or email for your service if you require.
In addition to the daily duties, the elected members are conferencing weekly for a full briefing on the situation including remaining preparations. We also have a Community Resilience Plan for any eventuality to support people at risk of isolation or in need of support in the event of widespread closures.
While we are doing all that we can, we need you to play your part. We are urging everyone to play their own part in the effort to beat COVID19.
As individuals and Councillors, we will be doing the same. That means:
- Staying indoors and only make essential journeys to shops and services
- Self-isolating where necessary with proper precautions
- Social distancing of 2M and avoid congregating in crowds.
- Avoiding Public Parks, Playgrounds, Beaches, Coastal walks and crowded spaces.
- All Municipal playgrounds are closed so please do not use.
- Wash your hands regularly and follow the hygiene rules in supermarkets
- Staying physically and mentally healthy, going for walks and staying active.
- Checking in on those who may be in isolation or vulnerable with low levels of support
We will win this and when we do, Wexford County Council will once again support our local retailers and businesses, we will work with struggling homeowners and tenants, rebuild our communities and get back to being a bustling County again.
Until then, please follow the guidelines, stay safe and take care of yourselves and your families. And our County.
Loch Garman Abú
Michael Sheehan, MCC