Lucky escape as fire rages in Gorey housing estate

Gorey Fire Service tackling a blaze in Ard Lios this evening. (Pic; Joseph Dixon).

A home in the thickly populated Gorey housing estate of Ard Lios had a lucky escape after an outbreak of fire devastated trees on a boundary this evening.
According to posts on social media a change of wind direction pushed the fire away from the house as flames spread rapidly through the trees.

Gorey Fire Service tackling a blaze in Ard Lios this evening. (Pic; Joseph Dixon)

“This may have been a result of all the dry weather and, or, a carelessly discarded cigarette butt, but the fire service has attended many fires along the adjoining laneway over the past few weeks” read one post.
The residents are thankful for the rapid response of Gorey Fire Service who extinguished the fire and dampened down the area.
Wexford Fire Service is asking the public to be vigilant during the ‘heatwave’ weather and warns people not to light fires, either intentionally or accidentally, due to the extremely dry weather.
People are asked people not to light barbecues outside of designated areas and to always take care when disposing of cigarettes because of the tinder dry nature of vegetation across the county.
If anyone notices smoke they should immediately contact the emergency services on 999 or 112.

Be the first to comment on "Lucky escape as fire rages in Gorey housing estate"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*